Positioning

Ok, I’ve re-written this entry 5 times. I tried my best to make this sound like an informative and even handed lesson in the value of brand positioning.

Now it’s a rant.

How can you believe that clients “get” what you are about? How can you believe that they will sift through all of the “stuff” and figure out how your product or service fits their needs? How can you think that they will understand where you fit against your competitors?

YOU TELL THEM.

Here’s the catch...you have to figure out your “position” first! I don’t care how long your brand has been around. I don’t care what your slogan or tag-line says. I don’t care how fast you want to do “important” things, like take a jenky value proposition to market to see how much money you can lose.

*If you have ever spent any time with me, this is where I look at you with that kinda’ arrogant “really?” look on my face.*

Come on!!!!

How will they know if we are not telling them?!

Just answer a couple of questions before you start wasting other people’s time:
Whom do I serve?
What needs do they have?
How do I uniquely solve their problem?
How do I make them more successful?
So what? (Put the sniff test to your answers)

Sorry so terse but, it drives me crazy.