Guess the brand!


Ok folks, let's play guess the brand!


This one got me because I would have never attached it to the main/parent brand and it's ugly.

I'll post the answer and why I don't like it next week!

**Update**

This is the logo on the fuel station owned by Kroger.

I really don't get it. Design is subjective so I'll lay-off the "ugly" comments.

I've seen worse brand extension. Costco sells a ton of gas so a grocery stores with a gas station works for me. My issue is that it does nothing to connect to the parent brand and has no naming convention to build it's own brand equity. Kroger should know better so I must be missing something. Big companies that have to compete for a living understand the concept of brand equity and pay design firms big money to create/ enhance their identity. I hope they used in-house talent or got a good deal on this one.

And yes... it's ugly.